Thursday, July 29

Musings

Yeh.

Last 2 nights has seen me sleeping on the couch with Ava. She is a bit unsettled during the nights and it is the easiest and quickest way to get some sleep by just grabbing her and plonking your ass on the couch for the night. At least Ang gets some quality shut-eye. Ava did sleep through the whole night twice last week and so far once this week. Hopefully she is turning a corner for the night. Please...

I was shitty as all fuck yesterday morning. Of course it was typically something so obscure and small that did my nut in (Ang taking forever and not being able to make a decision). To clear my head I went to the TAB, slapped $50 on a nag, got up, collected my profits and turned on my tail feeling much the better. If I do have a bet - I just back the favourite. No point reading the boards, studying form, etc etc. Yeah the professional punter can (maybe) make a living at the TAB but not some no brained donation freak like me. Smart money is on the fav - I'll stick with that. Has worked the last 14 days (I'm about $60 in front from 4 bets). And doing a George Costanza (leaving on a high note) to boot. Get a winner and get outta there. If I don't get a winner in 2 races - walk away. Money is tight so I'm not going to be collecting thick wads of cash.

Jaiden went for his learners yesterday. We bought him the book but he never studied it and thought he could wing it by just doing the online test at home. Wrong. Fail. He is going to sit again soon. Young people - they know it all.

Ang's phonecall with Paige last night didn't go to well. She was a wreak for a an hour or so until she had a chat with me. I told her - it doesn't hurt if you don't care. But that is all well and good for me. Ang carried her, nurtured her, raised her and all the rest. Paige basically stabbed her in the back and went to live with her father. When Paige is older it will really hit home. I see a cadre of psychological care for her down the road. But I might be mistaken. Never know.

Other than that things are going well. Can't really complain.