Thursday, July 1

Happenings

Decided on the spot on Sunday to go to my parents house on Sunday. We stayed overnight. Kids were a nightmare. My parents seemed inconvenienced that we visited. To me it came across that we disturbed them from packing up (moving to Creswick in just over a month). We had Chinese (not as good as it used to be) and Ang and my Mother went to Bingo. I had the monsters for the night. Ava slept through the night but Jess was a freaking disaster. It was very cold though. We drove back the next day. Won't be doing that again anytime soon.

My parents are a bit of a disappointment to me. My older brother gets 3 days/nights a week with my Mother living down the road from him. He lives in Wycheproof (3 hours north of Melbourne). She is supposed to look after my 101 year old Pop. The guts of it is - he gets it all, we get a 3 hour monthly visit. He is a school teacher. His wife is a School Principal. They have a rental in inner Melbourne (Yarraville). Now tell me - how much $$$ are they on ? I'd say well over 100 K a year. I know I know, bit of sour grapes from my part, poor middle child syndrome.

I fuckin' hate it though. My family and kids miss out because I don't have rainbows blooming from my arse. My younger brother even had it better than me up until a few months ago. He could smoke dope in their house without fear of being booted out. Me and him got an ultimatum from our mother 7 years ago. We broke the rules, I left and never returned, he continued to do whatever the fuck he liked. Yeah - sour grapes again.

I all can say is that I'm not going to be jumping through hoops when they get older, more crinkley and infirm. My Pop always tells me not to worry about it and that everyone gets what is coming to them in the end. He laughs when I tell him my woes and says "Don't worry son, they'll be old one day". Yeah - good advice.

I'm up early today (4AM) because of bad dreams (happening of late) and an unsettled stomach which is due to last nights pizza. Work is becoming more of a hostile environment. One of the owners is a Nazi. And I think that's being unfair to Nazi's. Time to be getting myself a daytime job. I think 3 years of working nights is enough.


(Looking East towards Loy Yang Power Station - 25 kms away)