Thursday, June 10

Birthday

I turned 33 today.

Early bday present was waking to Ava at 2am (burp) and then again at 2.30am in which I went and slept on the couch with her until she woke up at 4.30am. Then got a lovely nappy from her at 6am. Bonus !!

What does a birthday mean to an adult ? Jack shit. Thats what.

I told Ang not to get me anything/much. Don't think she listened. I bought myself the TV series Weeds season 1 and 2 bags of lollies the other day for her to wrap and give to me from the kids. I have an inkling she got me a Super Cheap Auto voucher. I know Jaiden got me something out of his own money. The SCA voucher will come in handy as my car, Leaky, needs things all the time. Im expecting a call (maybe?) from my Mum later in the day. My 2 brothers won't do jack as we are not close at all. My Dad is probably buried somewhere in the garage fixing motorbikes/sidecars.

10 years ago I sat in total darkness for an hour just before my actual birth time. That was due to being more out there than Prot from the movie K-Pax. My most memorable birthday would have to be my 18th. Not for any wild parties I celebrated. My older brother took me fishing down in Ocean Grove (past Geelong) with a friend for the day. It is a great early memory. My parents took me to Taco Bill in Sandringham for my 21st (I was with Kylie at the time). I remember my older brother getting me a gram of dope for a present. I celebrated my 27th birthday in the USA. Got a ticket to a Phillies game (which was later washed out) for a present. I remember my 16th birthday as my dad told me "sweet 16 - never been kissed". Dickhead.

It's just another day in the wheel of life. I don't remember waking before 5am for any birthday though. Hope I have a good day. Seeing Danny at 1pm for my monthly psych check-up. Already put a load of washing on and will shortly do the dishes (as they're stacked higher than the Empire State Building).

Can't wait to be told that I smell like a monkey and I look like one too.