Saturday, January 23

Jingle Berries

Has been a hectic week or so.

Paige and Sarah haven't been here for over a week. The house is a lot quiter and peaceful without them here yet very quiet at times. I don't know what is better. Apparently their Dad bought Paige a $70 ALF doll but Sarah didn't get a brass razoo. This has been the case for many a year now. Paige gets spoiled rotten and Sarah misses out. They're coming home tomorrow.

I called Byron yesterday. Looks like I'll need a 2nd job just to keep seeing him. He thinks I am his own ATM. Not going down this road. Petrol costs, day costs and time away from the family will make this a challenge in the future. I am NOT going to turn out like dickhead (girls Dad) and try and buy some love. Can't be bought.

Jaiden has lived in his room all holidays. Has forgotten work at times and turned up when he wasn't supposed to be working. Apparently taking me to see a movie is supposed to pay for running him around like I'm a taxi driver. He thinks I didn't appreciate it (even though I said thanks 100 times). It costs me roughly $5 each time I take him to work. And another $5 if I pick him up. I have been dropping this hint for the last week but am yet to see any compensation. He is working tonight and finishes at 11pm. I finish at midnight. Guess he'll be picking daises off the lawn for an hour while he waits for me. Bad luck.

Ang is off marketing at Yarragon today. Doing Dandenong tomorrow. Staying overnight at her parents with the little ones. Good nights sleep awaits. And most probably a sleep in to boot.

Playing cricket today at home against Thorpdale. This wil be my last year behind the stumps. As each game passes me by my legs (especially my knees) are starting to feel their age. I enjoy keeping but I'm not a spring chicken any longer. With the move to A Grade on the cards for next season I'm going to have to just bat in the 1sts OR bat/bowl and get more of a go in the 2nd XI. That looks a more viable option.