Monday, October 26

Blurgh

Busy busy.

Worked a few hours last week. Did close 3 out of 4 nights and lunchtime Friday. It isn't a glamorous job but the you do get a buzz from not knowing what to expect or what is going to happen next. Did very poorly in tips though. Sometimes it's ching-ching but I bombed majorly the week just gone. Have to start turning my frown upside down. Then again some customers tip no matter what and vice versa. No matter how bright and bubbly you are.

Cricket was disappointing for the guys this weekend. Chasing 113 we were bowled out for 105. 3 runouts and 3 ducks (myself included) did not help matters. I was only out there for 3 balls. Got an inswinger yorker that I missed and which took the base of off stump. I did keep well and even though the legs and back aren't what they used to be I do enjoy myself behind the stumps. I challenge myself and find it enjoyable being in the game. My batting has really slipped from a few years ago. Might just have to slog my arse off for the rest of the year and see what comes of it.

Ang was busy at two markets over the weekend. Yarragon on Saturday and then Morwell on Sunday. She enjoys it and I have no qualms looking after the billy lids even though at times it can be very taxing doing it solo. Jessica can really push your buttons at times. But on the whole she is a good little girl. I looked after them both last night whilst Ang was Bingo-bongo-ing and have a relatively stress free night. I even gave Ava a bottle at 1am as I was still up watching 'A Beautiful Mind'. Stupid good late night movies.

I have become a fan of the Showtime series "Weeds". Very witty and something right out of left field. I will make time to watch it every week. I only enjoy a few shows and this is at the top. Good laugh - check it out.

My moods have been a bit low of late. But I take a med and usually pick up over the following days.