Monday, July 13

Poker on a Monday

Might be my regular weekly post from now on.....

Went to the free APL (Aussie Poker League) - Texas Hold'Em competition at Moe tonight (15 minutes away from home). Hehe... what a night indeed !!!

Started the night with a few brewskies (1 heavy 1 light) and then headed into the room. Sat at my table and lo and behold my work Boss (Andy) and his good friend (Vincenzo) are at my table. Both top blokes. I would lie in front of a bus if it saved their life - they are good people who might turn into some very good mates.

Anyhoo...

Everyone started off with 2,000 in chips. Some had more as they bought drinks or ate a meal at the pub (good idea as the pub needs to make money). These chicks (with dicks I might add) across from me... sheesh. Young poppycocks thinking that their shit didnt stink.... back to the game.

I did quite well.. knocked out one of those chicks (she was fuming) and played like a Pro. Twas very easy for me... could read the cards and the people. My boss and Vince were sort of distracting me which at times got to me.... then again other people did too. I nearly lost it at one stage when these people on the table were trying to rush me and stuff. I just stomped on their heads (in a civil way). ChickwithDick number 1 even yelled at me to not swear whilst at the table (for fucks sake !!). It was puuuuuure Joy when I knocked her outta the tournament and was then rewarded an extra 1000 in chips (She was the turkey (how ironic) and if you knock out the turkey you get that hidden reward). She was not impressed.... thought she was queen bee. This hornet (me) soon showed her who's the fuckin boss (Tony Danza style). Off you go famewhore... back to your slum.

After going strong for 2 hours and still having 9000 in chips I saw a friend from Cricket outside sitting down (obviously upset). I had a chat and found out that he wanted to go home. I told him "Mate I'm gonna go back in there, go all in blindly on the next hand and then take yiz home". He was like "What???" I told him I'd be back in 5 minutes....

The hand went like this.....
5 people sitting around the table when I got back in. I grab all my chips... dump them in the middle, "Im all in" I say. People start to look at me... Guy sitting next to me goes "Hey mate you're outta turn, you gotta wait". Sure I tell him. Cards get dealt. Guy sitting next to me has a bet. I GO ALL IN !! People look at me like I've grown extra arms and legs (not to mention heads). Guy next to me calls. He has an Ace and a 10 (off suit). I have Queen and a 7 suited (clubs). He wins the pot as a 10 comes on 4th Street (4th card). I shake his hand and say "Well played". Leave the table.... Tell my other cricket mate that I'm off to take the buddy waiting out the front home. Say bye to my boss and Vince and walk outta there.....

I took the guy home (know him but not well) and came home....

What a night !!!

Will be there next Monday (If only to fuck with a few peoples heads) (I did enjoy myself though)