Friday, December 28

Bombshell

Boxing Day over dinner.

Paige drops the bombshell that she wants to go live with her Father in Drouin.

I was at work at after Ang had called me I went home to comfort her as she was very, very upset. Ang could not believe that after all she has done for Paige in her life that she would still stick a knife in her back. I talked to Paige and she told me that she wanted to move because Jaiden and Sarah are mean to her and that no-one loves her. She was adamant that she wanted to move. I told her that if she went - she would not be coming back EVER.

I got an early night after informing Mary of the problem (and I was making mistakes behind the oven anyway as my mind wasn't there). When I got home Ang had settled but Paige was still sure she wanted to live with her Father. I did not try and talk her out of it - just pointed out that it was a HUGE decision and to be 110% sure of it.

Ang did some smooth talking later in the night and Paige changed her mind. Jesus H Christ. The kid is 8 years old and thinks the world is her oyster and that she should be the centre of attention ALL the time. Although it would be hard for Paige as Jaiden never has a positive word to say to her and his attitude sucks. But that is Jai, I'm not going to try and change him. Paige on the other hand cannot do anything by herself and needs constant reassurance.

In the end - Paige is staying here with us. How everyone reacts towards her is in the balance.