Tuesday, April 6

Some things never change

Has been a busy and exhaustive weekend down here. Ang did markets Friday through to Monday. She ended up making close to $700 which is a bonus. She gave me $200 on Friday (which I still have) but nothing after that. Ended up buying more T-shirts, Bday present for her Dad, Petrol and other scallywag items. Still an extra $200 is good because I'm sauntering down to the bank later today to wipe some off the naughty card.

I had a bet on Saturday and ended $25 in front. Gave it all back on Sunday and then was going to have a bet on Monday yet couldn't get to the TAB as I had the munchkins whilst Ang was up at Glengarry Market. Yep, you guessed it. Would have backed 4-5 winners with my selections. Not that pissed off about it as I rationalized it down to Nappies OR Gambling. I'd rather tip a winner and not have any dollars on it than have money on something that runs like a donkey.

We got Jaiden to look after the kids on Sunday as I was working and Ang went off to Bingo. Major dramas as when I walked in the door at 9:15pm Sarah came up to me and told me that Jaiden was being disgusting. He won't be left in charge ever again !!!

I dropped Jess/Ava off at daycare at 7am this morning. Jess came into our room and told me to "wake up Daddy" whilst she was prying open my eyelids with her fingers. Hehe, not the best way to start the day off. They have been really good. I have a much stronger bond with Ava than I did with Jess at the same age. She is nearly walking. Jess is back to using the potty so thats a bonus too.

Graeme and I have finished off putting in the posts for the pool fence and we are waiting till Thursday to finish the job off. Should make it nice and safe out there. Hard yakka though.

Ang rang Dad yesterday to invite him away camping with us. I told Ang that in no way was I going to talk to him to ask him. He is still in a mood. He told her that he was busy working on bikes in the backyard. He didn't even ask about the girls which I think sucks. He is going to turn out to be the least liked grandparent I reckon. Ava/Jess love Ang's parents. See what happens I guess.

The DSE (supposed to mean Department of Sustainability and Environment - basically manage the land) (Better known amongst the public as the Department of Sparks and Embers - do burn offs on Crown land that turn into raging uncontrollable bushfires) have been doing a lot of controlled burns in our neck of the woods for the last week. Sky is always smoke filled and if I can quote Ralph Wiggum "smells like burning". These fucking bastards don't let Joe public gather roadside wood anymore as it "upsets Nature". Stupid fucking animals will always find another place to live. This law of not being allowed to ga
ther firewood on Crown land attributes greatly to Bushfires in Australia. I'll sum it up with 2 pictures.

Would you rather see this ?


Or this ?