Sunday, December 27

Xmas Period

Cricket finished up for 2009 last week. We played Morwell away @ Keegan St. I assumed we were on the turf but alas we played on their synthetic wicket. Didn't help me as I hadn't brought my white runners and had to play the whole game in my brown (very comfy) loafers. We bowled them out for 151 (some old fat dude slapped 61 in quickfire time) and at one stage had them 5-41. We got the run with 5 wickets in hand with Jez and myself steering the side home. He made a patient 57 and I batted 'old style' (patiently) for 29. Good win for the team. We sit 2nd on the ladder at the halfway mark and are nicely poised for a run at the finals.

I headed up to Berwick last Sunday to see/help Ang out at the Market. Made around $500 for the day which was excellent. She is up there again today. I am at home looking after the billy lids.

Xmas day was pretty good. Ang's parents and Graeme came over. Nice food. Good company. Good day. Glad it's over though. It's all for the kids these days. Doesn't mean what it used to. Just doesn't feel the same without a proper Pine tree. I've always associated Xmas with the smell of the tree.

I sent my son, Byron a package. He must've got it Thusday as he called on Xmas day. Had a 10 minute chat. He wants me to spend a day with him over the Summer holiday period. Will try and package it with a visit to Pop at Wycheproof. Byron lives 40 minutes down the road. Will take Jess as well. The phone call was really out of the blue. Awkward but very satisfying. He is doing well which is great.