Friday, August 21

Food goes in here

Busy.

Work last week was hectic. Did 6 hours last Friday (6PM-12AM) and then 6.5 hours on Saturday (5.30-12AM). Nearly got killed on Saturday night. Some idiot screamed through a roundabout without giving way to me. Dickhead. I broke my record for most Kms travelled in a night. Clocked up 180kms (110 miles). Mainly due to 8 out of town deliveries. My stupid car (Camira) was playing up to boot which meant each time I hopped in to go out - I had to pop the hood and start the car by using a adjustable spanner to arc the starter motor. Luckily I know how to do it. I also had a race with Graeme on a delivery to the APM (Paper Mill - 10 kms out of town). He took a delivery to the main gate and I had a delivery to the back gate. We left at the same time and he was beating me for the whole journey until he took a shortcut and got stuck at the lights. I waved and sailed straight on by him. It's things like this that make the Pizza job enjoyable.

Went to the Sunday market where I bought a few scallywag items.

Took Jaiden/Jessica to baseball up at Sale (65kms away). C Grade was cancelled and so he sat on the bench in the A Grade. He came into the game in the 5th inning and immediately had an impact grabbing a pop-up fly and then throwing someone out at 1st base. He then had an at bat where he singled down the 3rd base line and beat the tag at 1st base. He was then tagged out when he doubled off 3rd (on a pop-up fly to centre). He missed a low catch in the next inning. They lost but he was easily in the bext 3 players for the day - the rest of the A Grade suck donkey balls. They have the Bye this weekend and then have 1-2 games left for the year. Hopefully they ask him to play A Grade again. Playing against better opponents brings out the best in your game.



I took Jessica away to Wycheproof on Monday - Tuesday. 11 hour drive there and back. We had a good time. Pop loves seeing Jess. And Jessica adores Pop. I slept in the loungeroom as the fire was banked halfway up the chimney. Jessica pushed me off the couch at 2am so I slept on the floor thereafter. Good journey...

Since getting back I have been sick (cold) and my sleeping patterns are all out of whack. I got up at 3am this morning so it does not bode well for working till 12AM tonight. Hopefully I get an afternoon sleep and will be OK for the night.

Until next time..