Sunday, June 21

Baseball

Played in C Grade today against Traralgon with Jaiden.

We lost 21 to 2. My first at bat (AB) in my baseball career came in the bottom of the 3rd inning. Connected against a loopy one past the short stop and out to left field for a single. I didn't swing at the first 4 pitches which saw the count go to 2-2 and after that I swung at everything, fouling off 3 comically (one saw me lope to first only to be called back as the ball had gone past the foul line by a few centimeters between home plate and 3rd base) before I got some wood on one.

Felt good.

Then on 1st base I was given a few tips (ie. to get off the bag and try to get in the pitchers mind by making him think I was going to steal 2nd). As if I could make it to 2nd base. I was still sucking in oxygen like an invalid after my Carl Lewis like sprint to 1st. Was a blast.

I caught one fly ball out in left field and fielded a few ground balls as well. Didn't make an error so I guess you could call my 1st baseball experience a success.

BEN'S BASEBALL CAREER (Up to 21st June)
AB 1. HITS 1. RBI 0. 2B 0. 3B 0.HR 0. BA 1.000% (NO ERRORS)

Definitely play again !! Even though we got absolutely hammered...